Respecting and protecting our customers’ privacy and personal data
understand how we collect, use and safeguard your personal data in our interactions
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
Collection of your personal data
Different levels of your personal data may be collected by us on our Site:
• If you are not a registered user, you will be browsing our Site as a guest. We will not collect or use any personal data from you (except when you choose to place an order with us as a guest) but you may not be able to use all the services and features that we offer to registered users.
• You will need to input certain of your personal data when registering with us on our Site, in order to receive various features and services that we offer to our registered users, such as email updates, responses to your queries and to participate in our private sales.
• You can place an order with us as a guest or as a registered user on our Site. In both cases, we will only collect information necessary to fulfill the relevant order (such as your name, contact details and payment/credit card information).
• You may from time to time provide us with your personal data on our Site, via your applications for or use of various services that we provide. For instance, you may be required to provide us with your personal data when register as a member; to make enquiries over the telephone; to provide feedback to us (such as via a survey); or to participate in our promotions and events.
Use of your personal data
We use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes (and any purposes directly related to these purposes) (collectively, the “Purposes”):
• To provide our services to you (including assessing any application for and administration of such services). This includes responding to any questions you may have, providing you with recommendations on products in our stores, maintaining your shopping cart on our Site, assessing your applications with us for any of our services, allowing you to participate in our events and promotions when you so wish, and fulfilling any orders you may make with us (including verification and security checks of your details, and processing of your payments).
• To provide you with direct marketing communications, in accordance with the “Marketing Communications” section below.
• Matching your personal data with information you provided to us via other means.
• To analyse trends, usage and shopping behaviour with us (whether on an individualized or aggregated basis), which helps us better understand how you and our collective customer base access and use our Site and services, for the purposes of improving our services and to respond to customer desires and preferences.
Other points of note regarding your personal data
Please also note that:
• If you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide all of our services and features to you.
• Subject to, or where otherwise required by law or permitted by law to protect our interests, we will (a) only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the Purposes, and (b) erase any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, if you choose to delete your account with us.
Collection of anonymous data from you
Separately, we may collect certain anonymous data from you on our Site:
• We automatically collect anonymous data relating to your online session to provide our services to you, to gather statistical information on our server’s usage and to help us better meet your demands and expectations. This may include but is not limited to your browser type and version, your operating system and your IP address and/or domain name.
• If you are browsing our Site (whether as a guest or as a registered user), it may place a cookie on your computer that identifies your computer to us and allows us to personalize your shopping experience and provide you with various services (such as maintaining the content of your shopping cart). Cookies are small information files stored on your hard drive and are automatically accepted by most browsers. It does not allow us to access the rest of your computer or your personal data. Please change your browser’s settings if you do not wish to accept cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all features and services offered on our Site if your browser does not accept cookies.
You may partially or entirely opt-out of receiving such direct marketing communications at any time by: (a) amending your preferences by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org (b) in the case of emails, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such emails.
SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We protect the personal data that you provide to us by reasonable
physical, electronic and managerial measures. Please be aware that despite our
efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security at all times.
To protect your personal data while you are on our Site, we will encrypt any personal data you transmit to us via our Site using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) — an industry standard for encryption over the Internet.
If you are a registered user on our Site, you may decide to store your credit card details with us to make your shopping faster and simpler. Once saved, only your last four digits will be displayed, so that you know which credit card you are using. You will need to re-enter your credit card details if you decide to ship an order to a new shipping address - this is to protect your details and to guarantee that your credit card is only used for shipping addresses that you have approved. We will not transfer your credit card details to any third parties except with your prior consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal data held by us will be kept confidential, except we may disclose your personal data to the following parties (who may be located and use your personal data outside of Hong Kong):
• Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureau, or collection agencies where necessary to establish and support the payment of any products and services being requested by you; and
• Any other party where such disclosure is mandated by statutory or contractual obligations or as required by law or court of law, or where such disclosure is necessary to protect our interests (as permitted by law).
We do not provide your personal data to any other third parties
unless your prior express consent is obtained. We may transfer anonymous and
aggregated data to third parties from time to time, which may include your
personal data in an anonymous format and which does not (and is not able to)
identify you in any way.
HOW TO CHECK AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
You may wish to access, verify or update any of your personal data that we hold. You can do so by contacting us at email@example.com
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
If you wish to contact us